Great news! We are excited to announce our summer 2017 Camp Innovation Program classes held at Northern Kentucky University. Camp Innovation will be held, Monday-Friday, June 12 - 16, 8:30-11:30 am. Students are able to select 2 classes from 40 different selections! The first courses will meet from 8:30-10:00 and the second 10:00-11:30. Students will be escorted between classes by program personnel. The full program brochure is available here: Summer 2017 Camp Innovation Program Brochure.
Northern Kentucky University’s Camp Innovation Pathways to College Program is a trailblazing program designed for high potential youth to discover and explore advanced content and engaged learning. All classes provide the opportunity for students to share interests with other children while exploring pathways to intellectual development, academic enhancement, career exploration, and creative artistic fulfillment. Camp Innovation offers transdisciplinary courses infusing entrepreneurship, science, mathematics, social studies, technology, visual and performing arts, and original interdisciplinary studies. We encourage students to choose their own classes on a first-come first-served basis.
What makes NKU's Camp Innovation Program Leading-Edge?
- Student-centered focus on career exploration pathways and college-readiness
- Emphasis on critical and creative thinking though independent learning
- Environment that values creativity, diversity, entrepreneurship, and achievement
- Challenging hands-on, transdisciplinary learning
- Personal attention from dedicated teachers trained through graduate coursework in gifted education
- Small class sizes for caring, personalized, and differentiated instruction
- The opportunity to share interests with other high potential children
- Registration opens Monday, April 24, online http://inside.nku.edu/gifted or via phone 859-572-5600.
- For the best choice of classes, register early! Students are placed in classes on a first-come, first-served basis and many classes will fill before the June 5 application deadline.
- Course grade levels are recommended levels. For example, if you child is advancing from third grade into fourth grade in the fall, she can select courses from either the Builders (K-3) or the Innovators courses (3-6),
- Class materials fees are paid directly to the individual teachers on the first day of class.
- A limited number of need-based financial aid scholarships are available.
- Afternoon care is available through NKU's Early Childhood Center's summer program from 11:30 am - 6:00 pm. Contact Lindsey Shaffer, Summer Camp Coordinator, 859-572-6338 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details and registration.
Questions and Additional Information:
- Please contact Dr. Kimberly Code at email@example.com or Community Connections at 859-572-5600 for questions and further information.
NKU's Camp Innovation Pathways to College Program is endorsed by the
Northern Kentucky Association for Gifted Education.